Here you will find information on projects you can directly support as well as links to additional articles related to issues covered by Baladi – Rooted Resistance.
Some of the following projects welcome volunteers, or you can also just spread the word about their incredible work.
Daily Hugz is a small animal sanctuary for donkeys and dogs located in the West Bank village of Asira ash-Samila, close to Nablus. Click here to see our film.
Daily Hugz welcomes volunteers who can help to take care of the animals; volunteers can stay in the on-site chalet.
HUMANISTIC FARM / SAAD DAGHER
Saad Dagher is an agronomist who practices agroecology in his farm called Humanistic farm, in the West Bank village of East Bani Zeid, Palestine. He is a freelancer and can be reached for workshops, conferences, or to buy his produce. Click here to listen to our podcast with Saad.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saad.dagher
Jamileh has developed her independent business of producing and selling organic dates in the Jordan Valley.
You can contact her to order dates or to visit her farm.
- Contact: +972 52-507-1650 / email@example.com
- Website: https://jamilehdates.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jamilehdates/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/jamilehdates?igshid=1cjrv3jxk8hqx
NOOR WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
Noor is a women’s grassroot organization located in Aida refugee camp, Bethlehem.
Most of the women who participate in the project are in charge of their families and have a child with disabilities. Besides having to deal with social stigma, they face economic issues that prevent the children from getting adequate care. Noor offers Palestinian cooking classes and homestays in Aida Refugee Camp to support the families, and to support the school they run for children with disabilities (you can watch our video of the school, and donate by clicking here).
You can support the project by staying in their homestay programme, taking a cooking class or volunteering at the center.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (coordinator: Islam Odeh)
- Website: https://noorweg.wordpress.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Noor-Womens-Empowerment-Group-Homestays-and-Cooking-Classes-501948526500752/
PALESTINE HEIRLOOM SEED LIBRARY
The Palestinian Heirloom Seed library is a project to salvage and propagate agri-cultural heritage through story, seed, and art, run by Vivien Sansour. You can visit the library and explore information about seeds and art at El Beir Arts and Seeds center.
In their Arti-Cultural center they can offer events, workshops, film screenings, and other activities to keep your imagination, and your heart ignited! Click here to read our interview with Vivien.
Izzeldin Bukhari is a vegetarian / vegan chef based in East Jerusalem. He organises Palestinian food tours and cooking courses as well as pop-up kitchens in different locations across Palestine.
- Contact: https://sacred-cuisine.com/#form
- Website: https://sacred-cuisine.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sacredcuisine/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sacredcuisine/
TO BE THERE
To Be There organises excellent alternative political tours in Palestine, and also organises volunteering during the Olive Harvest Season.
- Contact: Baha: +972 (0)5-99929989 / email:email@example.com
- Website: https://tobe-there.com/en/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ToBeThere.Palestine/
Below are a selection of articles and videos that are closely linked to the subject of agro-resistance, and also about the attacks that Palestinian farmers have faced. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but just a few suggestions to read further.